Accounting and tax director H/F - Tours (37)
Fonction : Chef Comptable
Secteur : Distributeur Plomberie/Sanitaire
Lieu : Centre
Mise en ligne : 27/08/2019
ClientHunteo is a recruitment agency based in Nantes. Our client is a group specializing in professional supplies for the treatment of water, plumbing, masonry and civil engineering.
The company is looking for a new accounting and tax director (H/F) based in the area of Tours (37), France.
PosteThe Director of Accounting and Tax is responsible for overseeing:
- Financial norms and procedures applicable to the group (French GAAP & conventions resulting from the group's financing documentation updated in 2018 and to be extended as part of a future acquisition)
- General accounting, including the line management of the French accounting teams (around 40 people)
- Consolidation and preparation of the group financial reporting
- Tax, in particular for the French fiscal unity and towards the group immediate shareholder.
He or she is responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with applicable financial policies.
His/Her short term priorities are:
- Taking over day to day responsibility of the whole function and team
- Participating actively in the Finance Improvement Programme, including the upgrade of the team's systems and processes (Programme to be launched as multiple identified initiatives need to be embedded into a more structured project)
- Participating actively in the design and integration of a new company
- Driving the forthcoming migration from French GAAP to IFRS (2019 or 2020).
ProfilA 10-to-15-year experience is required including:
- A Graduate Degree with a focus on Accounting
- A 5-to-10-year experience in a major Audit company
- A 5-to-10-year financial management experience in a trading company under LBO
- Experience in analyzing business performance and developing financial plans within a retail/logistics environment
Your past experience showed your ability to form, lead and develop high-performing teams. You're known for your ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions and for your excellent communication and leadership skills.
You have a strong knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS, internal controls and financial reporting.
You are able to work in English.